I could start off with a huge explanation of just how insane my mom is, but I’m sure a lot of people would just scroll past. Here’s the deal:
My mom is going to kick me out and force me to live on my college campus if I don’t get an A in the college class I’m currently in, which she forced me to attend in the first place. Due to depression I have had a complete lack of motivation to complete any of the work, so I basically have a few weeks before my grades are mailed home and my mom throws a fit.
However, if I can pay rent, she won’t kick me out. So I’m going to try to get a job within the next few weeks. But in the case that I can’t get one, I will need some way that I can pay rent otherwise and sustain myself until I can find a job and move out. In general, I need some kind of money to fall back on when I finally leave this place.
Why should you help me pay rent?
- If I live on campus, I will be subjected to daily transphobia. Not only will I be forced to live in a girl’s dorm (I’m a transman, which I never mention on my blog but I have no choice now), but it’s a Christian college. I would be absolutely miserable.
- I need to stay at home long enough to get my name legally changed and then get my driver’s license. I have no idea how to do those things on my own.
- The reason I’ve never had a job despite being 18 is because the prospect of working has always filled me with the same kind of dread that most people get when they think about death. I continuously lose my desire for virtually anything when it occurs to me that I would have to work for it. Everything is far more stressful than it should be, and getting depression did not help. But now I’m panicking and I am going to try.
Subsequently, why should you help me move out?
- My mom consistently makes fun of mental illness, particularly my own.
- Simply being around my mom is making me too angry to function.
- In all honesty, I don’t know how much longer I can spend here before I snap.
SO if you want to help me out, you can donate to me through paypal, the email I use for which is firstname.lastname@example.org.
OR IF YOU WOULD RATHER GET SOMETHING IN RETURN FOR YOUR MONEY:
I have a Redbubble account where I make fandom merch, and for both your convenience and mine I’ve made a separate post to advertise it and explain all the goings-on of how the redbubble situation works.
I am also taking art commissions, which I’ve also made another post to explain the details of.
At the very least, you can reblog this post as well as the other two. Thank you in advance to everyone who does decide to help me out.
Way too powerful an image here…
This speaks volume about the standards expected in society on how one should look. And how young we begin to be bombarded with these standards…Picture by Meg Gaiger
I can’t remember the amount of times of cried while grabbing at my fat and wishing I could cut it off. It started when I was eight. This picture and the meaning behind it is so, so important.